Try This Migraine-Fighting Smoothie Booster
Skipping meals can trigger migraines and other headaches. Three square meals a day are essential, apart from this adding this power plant to breakfast gives a winning start to the day.
GINGER-THE MIGRAINE POWER PLANT
Try adding 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of fresh or powdered ginger to the diet per day to prevent migraines. A delicious way is to sneak it in through a smoothie. It’s also better to try a milk substitute as dairy can cause more trouble than the calcium it provides is worth. Unsweetened organic Coconut milk and yogurt are great alternatives, and many other non-dairy options contain migraine-fighting calcium!
Don’t Skip Breakfast, try adding Migraine-Fighting Ginger to a smoothie!
GINGER BOOSTED BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE:
- 1 cup Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk (or any other favorite non-dairy alternative)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 TBS Organic Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt (or any other favorite choice)
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- Three leaves fresh Kale, chopped
- Fresh Lemon- squeeze to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger root, chopped (or powdered in a pinch!)
- 1 Banana. But be careful before using bananas because some people are sensitive to the histamine and tyramine in them
- 1 TBSP Ground Flax Seeds and Fish Oil + Vitamin D
The bonus of this breakfast is that it offers multiple calcium sources along with the power of ginger. Calcium helps to fight off migraines even better with added Vitamin D. Divine Spine Chiropractic Clinic recommends Innate Choice premium Fish Oil + Vitamin D, which can be blended right into this smoothie as a bonus.
For more insights, headache reduction tips, and health support, check out our upcoming free headache prevention event or contact our office.
- Returning to Classrooms, and to Severe Headaches. NY Times Aug 30 2010 https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/30/returning-to-classrooms-and-to-severe-headaches/
- Migraine Diet: A Natural Approach to Migraines. Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics/a-natural-approach-to-migraines
- Health Central (http://www.healthcentral.com/slideshow/27-foods-that-can-trigger-migraines#slide=9)
- Calcium, the Other Mineral in the Migraine Connection. Women’s Health and Wellness. http://www.empowher.com/headache/content/calcium-other-mineral-migraine-connection