Neck Pain Treatment In Seattle, WA
Neck Pain Specialist in Seattle
Neck pain is a widespread medical condition affecting millions of adults across the US.
The human neck (cervical spine) is a delicate but well-coordinated network of nerves, bones, muscles, and joints that support the head. It is also responsible for head mobility.
Any trauma or injury to our neck leads to neck pain. Our day to day lifestyle involving mobile phones and computers may also lead to significant neck pain over period of time.
In this page, Dr. Jon Conner Cuevas DC will discuss symptoms and neck pain treatment options in Seattle.
What Is Neck Pain?
Neck pain is any trauma or irritation to the sensitive neck muscles, nerves, and tissues. It can lead to extreme physical discomfort and stiffness in the neck, head, shoulder, arm, and even hand.
Neck pain generally resolves within a few days or weeks. Persistent pain that lasts for months may indicate an underlying condition and requires medical treatment.
Divine Spine Chiropractic clinic is a leading chiropractic clinic in Seattle where a neck and back chiropractor can provide pain relief and treat the condition through chiropractic adjustments. Introducing lifestyle modifications and undertaking essential care measures are critical to a speedy recovery.
What Are The Symptoms Of Neck Pain?
Many ligaments, muscles, supporting tissues, and intervertebral discs surround the neck. Injury or degeneration of any of these structures compresses the blood vessels and nerves to trigger neck pain.
The typical neck pain symptoms include:
- Soreness in the neck muscles
- Loss of range of motion of the neck
- Numbness around the affected area
- A tingling sensation in the neck
- Severe and excruciating pain in the back of the neck
- Cervical pain and stiffness
- Recurring episodes of a mild headache
- Weak neck muscles
- Constant radicular pain
- Loss of strength in the arms
Causes Of Neck Pain
There are several reasons for cervical pain in both youngsters and adults. Neck pain develops from a combination of a vast range of risk factors.
Some of the most common frequent neck pain causes include:
- Uncomfortable sleeping positions
- Chronic degeneration of the cervical discs
- Muscle strain
- Cervical herniated disc
- Trauma or injury to the neck
- Prolonged straining along with poor posture
- Untreated auto accidents and whiplash injuries
- Sitting for longer periods
- Using mobile phones and tablets for extended periods
Temporary Pain Relief
The following home remedies offer quick but temporary neck pain relief:
- Pressing an ice pack or warm pad against the inflamed area triggers the release of pain-relieving endorphins
- Taking oral pain medications provides rapid pain relief
- Gentle massage helps alleviate pain
Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment
Dealing with cervical spondylosis patients requires a lot of care and experience. Many adults suffer from neck pain annually. Furthermore, many patients have reported experiencing chronic neck pain throughout the year.
Please see a neck pain specialist if you have neck pain. After calculating the severity of the condition, the chiropractor will employ the following techniques for general neck pain:
- Soft tissue therapy with careful chiropractic neck adjustments
- Cold laser therapy
- Traction and stretching exercises
- Lifestyle modifications and healthy nutrition
In severe cases, surgery may be the last resort.
Long Term Problems Due To Untreated Neck Pain
Ignoring persistent neck pain and delaying neck pain treatment after taking OTC pain relievers for three days can lead to complications like:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Permanent weakness in the upper limbs and extremities
Does Medical Insurance Cover Neck Pain Treatment?
Most basic medical insurance schemes cover the total cost of chiropractic care for neck pain. Your chiropractor will guide and advise you about medical insurance coverage.
Divine Spine Chiropractic Studio is a chiropractic clinic in Seattle offering the best options for neck pain relief. We have top-notch facilities to treat all types of medical conditions. We focus on improving your spinal mobility and take x-rays to determine the root cause of your disease.
Contact us to book an appointment if you suffer from neck pain.
Patient Experience After Neck Pain Treatment
“Hi, I’m Jennifer Ponce, a Pilates instructor in Ballard, and I want to talk about my experience in Divine Spine. I am an active person but of late had little aches and pains, especially neck and shoulder tension. I decided to visit Divine Spine to see what chiropractic is all about. I am pain-free, and my neck and shoulders feel free just after the first adjustment. It’s pretty amazing. I encourage you to give it a try!”